1 juli 2012

Hands of Orlac

I don't know from where I got the idea that Hands of Orlac (1960) is about a pianist who commits horrible crimes.  It is not at all. It is much more refined than that. It a drama about a pianist going through a self asteem crisis due to an accident.

And a man trying to take advantage of that. Guess who?

Christopher Lee appears as Nero 20-25 mins into the picture, but when he eventually does he takes over the film. He plays with great confidence and black irony.

When we enter the following clip, Neros assistant Leila is seducing Orlac to help Nero to get to him. Below the clip, I have linked to all parts of Hands of Orlac, should you wish to watch the whole film. The sound is unfortunately quite bad.

It was made in a french version as well. "I think my performance in French was probably far better than in the one in English because I could do more with the language. (...) It was the first time that I did a motion picture in two languages with totally different casts" writes Lee in Films of Christopher Lee. It is a gem!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.