29 juli 2012

In Russian as well. I am fainting.

I am a huge fan of Russian opera. When I lived in St.Petersburg I went to operas and ballets every single weekend. Boris Godunov by Rimsky-Korsakov (about 17th century Russia) is one of the most mighty operas you can experience in a Russian opera house.

For me, to hear Sir Christopher Lee sing this part is more than epic. It is mindblowing!!!

Basically, as you all can hear without knowing any Russian at all, the tsar (Lee sings his part) is going quite mad. In his inner mind he is seeing the ghosts of a young prince that he suppousedly has killed.

I LOVE THIS!!!

It is from the album - Christopher Lee sings Devils, Rogues & other Villains -
from Broadway to Bayreuth and beyond.
Very difficult to come across, I have understood. But I just have to find it and buy it.

Thank you to whomever put this out on You Tube.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.