4 juli 2012

House of the Long Shadows

 
It has been a very long time since I saw this. I had actually forgotten the plot, so it was a nice re-acquaintance. It takes some minutes for the film to do a lift-off, but then everything is in place, it is not to bad at all! Peter Cushing is purely lovely. 
However, I am dissapointed by two things. Why do the girls always have to scream in that stupid manner? And the end. The end. Arrgh!!!
 
Otherwise it is of course great to see Cushing, Lee and Price. I believe this is the only film where they performe together. So it is a bit like legends meet and wonders are made.   House of the Long Shadows was filmed in 1983 and was "shredded" by the press, Lee writes in Tall, Dark and Gruesome. The direction was apparently at nil. Well, as the fan I am, I think it is a nice homage to suspense and good old-fashioned horror. Not bad at all!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.