3 juli 2012

Charlemagne arrived today!

I have waited for this album for many weeks now, and today it arrived by mail. Have heard mixed reviews of it. Some are blown away, others more reluctant. I really, really, want to like this. Please be good!!!

The album is dedicated to all of us fans. I really feel it is us that ought to say Thank You!
Sir, you are the best!

Additional note:  Just listening to to the last minutes of the last track of this album - The bloody verdict of Verden (instumental version). I can honestly say I had very little idea of what to expect from this album. I had read some good reviews, some bad ones. The music is a crossover, in my inexperienced ears (I know nothing of metal), of opera, symphony, heavy metal, saga and extremely brutal history.

It does not suprise me why the phrase "I shed the blood of Saxon men" is so frequently qouted from this album. That part is truly astounding. Heavy guitars, Lees dark, extremely powerful voice - it makes my hair stand on end, and I find myself headbanging.

I had wished for shorter narrative chapters and more of those heavy guitars and more of that god all mighty voice! I really, sincerely, hope that there will be more of that on the next album.

This man is the true essence of coolness. Versatile? Yup.

Here is a fanmade video on Metal Lee. Seems very much like him to go to a stage and, after having shed the blood of 4000 Saxon men, appologizing to anyone Saxon in the audience. Squee.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.