23 juli 2012

How time flies

Dear god! Whilst checking trough my rather small VHS (!!!) collection today, I found these four gems. A pity I don't have a VHS-recorder anymore. Every household should be equipped with one!

I notice that the VHS-copy of Rasputin the Mad Monk is released in 1995 and by then costed a small fortune, I must say. Difficult to come across in Sweden, so when I saw it I did a happy dance and bought it on spot, despite the price. This was waaaaayyyy before amazon.com, mind you!

The Face of Fu Manchu is undoubtedly bought in London since those films never has been very known in Scandinavia except with nuts like myself. Can't say that Fu Manchu is one of my favourite figures. The evil genius spot in my brain was already taken by Moriarty. And I have some difficulties with this asian make-up thing.

Hamlet - I am sure you all know that Sir Lee had a miniscule role in this film. I can honestly say this was the *only* reason why I bought this film. Hamlet - well yeah, nice to have since I studied film for a short while. And of course Olivier is brilliant. But ... that was not the reason to buy it. You can actually see Sir Christopher flicker by if you don't blink. And the voice is there.

The last but not least: Gremlins 2 - The new Batch. That film was together with TMWTGG one of the easiest to come across with Lee as I was a teenager. Dr. Catheter! Whoever came up with that name? "I can give you diseases! You would like that, wouldn't you?!"

Thankfully I had some friends that was as nutty as I was, so we loved this film together. We all loved Lee.

Additional note: I know I do have the Man With The Golden Gun as well on VHS. Now where is that one?! Have to find it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.