15 juli 2012

A warning!

Ok, don't say I didn't warn you. I feel obliged to.

This film from 1969 is quite horrendous. I know that some of my friends on Twitter disagree with me, but this film is a mess. Starts of really nicely, really eerie, then it is downhill from there.

When Lee finally gets into the picture, he acts like he is made of concrete and the plot is terrible. And the title The torture chamber of Dr Sadism sounds like it is a mad mans invention. Why not The snake pit and the pendulum, which it was named in other parts of Europe? As it actually has references to EA Poe.

Anyways. "Made a lot of money in Germany, but I would call it rather indifferent."

Mmhhmm.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.