26 aug. 2012

Kind of underwhelmed

Bizarrly enough, I have watched the Dracula-series in the reverse order. Last of all DPoD - but I can't say I was overwhealmed by this hizzing character. On the contrary, I actually do think later films in the Dracula-series are a great deal better.

Can't help but thinking of the different versions on how this came about: According to SCL a bad dialogue which he just plainly refused to say. According tho Hammer that there never was any for him in the script in the first place. I must say find it difficult to believe that Hammer would be calling in one of its big stars - not offering him anything to say at all. Anyone whith the origial script on his or her hand, please stand up!

DhRftG and TtBoD are not at all bad when it comes to plot and dialoge. DPoD seems a bit simplyfied to be honest. The scenery outside the castle is however quite magnificent and the ice-scene holds some nice moments. Now I have to watch DhRftG again, just to watch the priest and the waterscene. Noooo, this never ends!!! :)

Here are some really nice footage - unique - from behind the scenes of Dracula Prince of Darkness! It it better than the film itself. Sorry, Terence Fischer.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.