30 juni 2012

Horror Express

Horror Express, made in 1971-72, was recieved with great reviews from the Brittish press, in which Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee stars together. It was made the years just before The Wicker Man, The Three Musketeers and TMWTGG. It is, in short, a story of strange murders on a train crossing Siberia, set in pre-revolutionary Russia.

It marks a great break, I think, from the by then very diluted Dracula-series. I've always loved this side of Lee, playing the seemingly ordinary man getting into trouble. It is kind of amuzing. Cushing: "Miss Jones, I should need your assistance." "Yes, well, at your age, I am not surprised." Cushing: "With an autopsy!!"

"I won't say it's a horror comic - it's hardly the word - but entertaining and amuzing adventure. Peter and I play a couple of intrepid British explorers who are great rivals in the scientific sense. They strike sparks off each other."

CL himself in The Films of Christopher Lee.

I only have one major objection. "Moscow says..." No. In those times, St.Peterburg said. But never mind. Lee
looks great in that moustache!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.