29 juni 2012

Here should have been a good title

Lee writes in Tall, Dark and Gruesome, that Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965) was made during a time when he was immensly unhappy with his life and his filmcareer. He lived in Switzerland at the moment. He had just made Sign of Satan with Hitchcock, but not much seemed to be going his way.

"I brooded savagely. I tried to write, and found myself producing an account of an execution with a guillotine. I walked miles. The snowy slopes seemed to jeer at me - I didn't dare ski in case I broke something and should be unfit for work if it was suddenly offered."

Dr Terror's House of Horrors is a film wich is arranged like the classic medieval Decamerone-stories. This time people doesn't gather in a house, though, but on a train. They have their fortunes told by a Tarot-reader. There are five stories in this film, this is the Christopher Lee segment.

But what's with that ludicrous title?!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi! Please make a comment! But unsuitable and offending language will make me delete the post. Basta.